[Bayonne-devel] Dispatch #4, Agustina added as project secretary, make-i

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Dispatch #4, Agustina added as project secretary, make-in-place build system, and GNU SIP Witch
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 09:52:36 -0400

This is actually a quick note covering several important changes, some of which I have been a little late in updating for people.

First, Agustina Vidal had been added as project secretary-coordinator for GNU Telephony. This actually happened over a month ago, so I am a little late in announcing this :). She is also empowered to speak authoritatively about GNU Telephony and to represent us at conferences.

Second, I have updated the GNU Telephony project on sourceforge migrating to svn there and committing the "make-in-place" build tree I use for my development (svn co https://gnutelephony.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gnutelephony/trunk). What this allows one to do is configure and build all parts of GNU Telephony without the need to erver do partial "make install" for dependent libraries or the need to create "fake roots" if one is a guest on a machine without root access. It uses existing pkgconfig, automake, and libtool functionality to achieve this, along with a master top level configure script and Makefile. This makes it very easy to deploy automated compile farms, to generate embedded & cross-compile build profiles, or to develop on hosts where different/conflicting versions of existing packages we offer may already be installed.

Finally, I will be separately announcing the start of GNU SIP Witch development a little later this weekend...