bbdb-user

Moving BBDB to Emacs core (was: Installing bbdb on mac)

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Moving BBDB to Emacs core (was: Installing bbdb on mac)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 19:00:29 -0400

Hi Roland,

"Roland Winkler" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat Oct 7 2017 M. P. wrote:
>> I have a MacBook Pro with emacs installed what do I do to get bbdb
>> up and running?
>
> If you download bbdb from
>
>   https://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/bbdb/
>
> unpack the tar file, then follow the instructions in README and
> the general instructions in INSTALL.  I do not know anything specific
> about Mac OS.

As I remember, you've solved the copyright assignment issues for BBDB,
with BBDB 3.x.  Have you given any thought to packaging it in GNU ELPA,
or proposing it for inclusion in Emacs itself?  Then installation would
be smoother or unnecessary.  Including BBDB in Emacs would have the
extra benefit of satisfying other large packages' dependencies on BBDB
(e.g., Gnus, EUDC, Org) directly.

Thomas