bbdb-user

Re: add sender without mail if mail is in some ignored-list?

From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
Subject: Re: add sender without mail if mail is in some ignored-list?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:54:21 +0100

Pieter van Oostrum <address@hidden> čálii:

> And, by the way, you shouldn't use the value of a defun, because its value is
> undefined.

That was new to me; my init is full of (setq foo (defun …)) and I've
never had any problems with that. E.g. I now have:

    bbdb-ignore-redundant-mails is a variable defined in ‘bbdb.el’.
    Its value is ‘my-bbdb-ignore-redundant-mails’

Getting a bit off-topic, but are there docs somewhere on what can go
wrong with (setq foo (defun …))?