bbdb-user

Re: Display BBDB sender names in Gnus

From: davidandrewrogers
Subject: Re: Display BBDB sender names in Gnus
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:46:21 -0700

Enrico Schumann <es@enricoschumann.net> writes:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2020, David Rogers writes:

Hello

I'm using BBDB with Gnus, and I'd like to find a way to
force the Gnus summary to show each person's name as
listed in their BBDB entry, instead of displaying
whatever is in the "From" line of their message.

Is there a reasonable/simple way that I can do that?

I *think* that you can use a user-defined
'gnus-summary-line-format' [*], and in it the
specification '%uB' should give you the name as stored
in the BBDB.

[*] https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Summary-Buffer-Lines.html#Summary-Buffer-Lines

I had already had this in my .gnus.el, and believed that it couldn't be the right solution because it wasn't working. However, once I corrected my own stupid mistake in the syntax, it does work correctly. Thank you!

--
David