biborb-general

Re: [Biborb-general] BibOrb 1.2

From: Feiyi Wang
Subject: Re: [Biborb-general] BibOrb 1.2
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:07:37 -0500

concerning the display (right aligned, id editable), it may come from your web browser. I use CSS it is more or less well supported. To my knowledge, everything looks "normal" with Mozilla, FireFox, Camino, Safari.

I use Firefox, it doesn't look normal to me, see attached screen capture. Did I missconfigure something? note: this only occurs when you modify an existing entry with optional field.

I think that the most "distracting" is he bibtex id. I update the CVS branch with a CSS hack to display a less attracting bibtex id... I also right align the biborb commands but not the url, pdf... It creates a function separation: on the left, the icons allow to get information about the article, on the right it is biborb action (edit/delete/add to basket/remove)

great.

I don't understand what you mean exactly by online backup? when editing a new entry?

no, I am thinking something like phpBB (a BBS forum based using mysql), where you can backup the database (containing all published articles) to a zip file (of course, through a web interface).

In this case, that would be zip all bibs/ directory and articles into someplace safe, say before an upgrade.

I don't think it is a good idea because it may be source of edition errors and incompatibilities: what about unknown fields when exporting to bibtex? to html? The idea of the edition in biborb is to hide the BibTeX language, one could use any other language and biborb could deal with it. (assuming an XML transformation of the input file)

Point taken. The only thing I often want to change is "article ID" or the keyword, there are various reasons behind it, but I can't do it with current implementation.

The other minor issue I have experienced so far is, when you download a bibtex (raw file), there is quite a bit of left margin, is there a particular reason for that?

Thanks

Feiyi

JPEG image