bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Forwarding on behalf of emad

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Forwarding on behalf of emad
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:34:18 +0330

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 13:25, Arash Zeini wrote:
> alan mitonam farsi type konam ama nemitonam harfe re va pe va ge ro bezanam
> mamnoon misham age kasi betone komakam kone thx

You shouldn't have problems. I have used Mandrake 9.0, and it ships with
XFree86's default keyboard layout. However, if you may want to try the
following, it might help you

1. go to
http://www.farsikde.org/resources.html

click on Farsi Keyboard, and download the file named 'ir'
do not open it. just save it to your hard disk.

Then copy it to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols

you need roote permissions to override the file. already there.

Update us if this helped you, and BTW, send your emails to the ML not to arash
!

Cheers

--
/*Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
* reaper of innocent orphaned children.