bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Matlab under Linux/Unix

From: Hossein S. Zadeh
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Matlab under Linux/Unix
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:03:15 +1000

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:40, Amin Zandvakili wrote:
> Hello to everyone :)
>
> I'm new in this list and I don't know if it is common to ask such questions
> or not:
>
> Dose any of you have any idea about how I can find the Linux/Unix version
> of Matlab?

Hi there,
Matlab does have a version for Linux, but it is rather expensive.

I have not used it myself, but a few friends in Department of Defence
(Australia) use "octave" which is an open-source product.

I know of at least a couple of large projects based on octave. It is said to
be very similar to Matlab (minus the long list of Matlab Toolboxes).

Hossein