bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] sign. issue

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: [linuxiran] sign. issue
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:02:23 +0000

From: Aryan Ameri <address@hidden>
To: GNU/Linux in Iran <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] GCC How to
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:56:00 +0300

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 13:54, Abbas Izad wrote:

> >Yes, but also general questions should be answered there as well.
>
> Would you please write something about NOT putting stupit footnotes
> at the end of messages! Whatever about GNU, Linux, FSF, etc.. should
> be OK
>
> If there is no God (as Aryan believe so), whom did Mandel and Darwin
> jumping on in an alley?
> If there has been a God, after that these guys bit him to death then
> existance should stop to exist!
> Because in evey belief and definition God refers to creator and
> maintainer of existance!
>
> Then these kind of footnotes may offends (I hope it does) any
> believer of God, Jewish, christians and muslims. THIS is not a
> religios or political ML, JUST LinuxIRAN!

My Dear Abbas:

I don't underestand why everybody is attacking me today! Maybe there is
something wrong with me, I don't know :-)

You started it!

Anyway Abbas, rules about email and newsgroup signatures are clearly
discussed and defined in the netiquette. I have read it and it covers
about the style of your signature, about how long it should be, and so
on, but never in it have I seen that putting personal beleifs and
quotas in signature is wrong.

what you missing here is cultural adaptation! Rules should be adapted based
on some principals and cultural issues. netiquette bring about the principals but
it is to us to adapt it based on our cultur! (I believe so!)

Signature is a signature Abbas. It should be regarded as so. Signature
is where people usually put something they like, something they beleive
in. some people also use it as a humorous tool.

So it is OK to have Friday preyor quotes or pornographical quotes as sign.?
Or it is just God we can make fun of?

But, your signature doesn't have to be about your subject of your
message. Indeed it is something seperate, and completely different than
the message itself.

So, you mean everything about everything is allowed?

I usually put a quota or a statement that I see somewhere, and that I
like, as my sig. And I also usually change my sig once a month.
Remember that sig is put there by the mail client automatically, and I
can't edit it each time I send a message.

So, You make a choice of these sign. at one time!

I have the right to talk about my beleifs Abbas. Specially in a
signature, where I beleive it is appropriate to do so. However, I
clearly mark my signature as one, using the famous '-- ' sign. If you
don't like signatures, or my signature, then you can simply tell your
mail client to ignore signatures and do not show them.

Nobody questioned your beleifs here, just keep it for yourself as everybody else doing it for themselves! As it shows in my email address hotmail has a limited configuration options, so I have the choice of being annouyed of your sign.s or
get rid of this ML once and for all!!

It is feasable (and indeed very easy) for someone to ignore signatures
(I think all email clients support this feature). But it is not doable
for me to edit each signature, because someone in a ML might not like
it.

If you plan to respond to this, I invite you to do so off-topic, as this
is a discussion between me and you, and I think it doesn't interest all
parties involved.

You are again speaking on behalf of all members! there is no personal quarrel and it IS on-toppic to discuss this. If everybody agree with you then I personally unsubmit this
ML and let you do what you are good at, whatever it is.

/Abbas

Cheers

--
//Signature deleted as per Abbas's request !!

Aryan Ameri