bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Re: A question

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: [linuxiran] Re: A question
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:25:07 +0300

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 11:11, Mahmoud Taghizadeh wrote:
> Dear Arian

My name is Aryan :-|

>       I am using redhat 9 and I have installed it with farsi support.
> now I want to see the farsi web pages but its font is very bad.
> where can I find some good fonts for linux and how can I install
> them.
>
> I am thankful in advance.

There was a package containing a couple of Farsi fonts on linuxiran.org!
After the redesign, they have not been uploaded again (as far as I can
see). I hope Arash puts them again there, so that you can download
them.

Also if you happen to have a windows box, or if you have MS Office, you
can use a font supplied with it, called "Arial Unicode MS".

And BTW, please don't ask these questions directly from me, please ask
them publicly at linuxiran.org mailing list (CCed). Because this way
others may probably also benefit from the question and answer.

Cheers

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a

Aryan Ameri