bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Modem Troubleshooting

From: Farid Behnia
Subject: [linuxiran] Modem Troubleshooting
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:43:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list

This is actually the 1st time I'm posting a message to
the list:)

I'm running a RH9 2.4.20-8 and a hsflinmodem(conexant)
My modem was working fine untill a few days ago(after
installing linuxconf..). kppp can query my modem
properly but when I try to connect through console
or..
I get these messages:
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received SetSecret
Opener: received OpenLock
Opener: received OpenDevice
Opener: received ExecPPPDaemon
In parent: pppd pid 11096
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports ppp alright.
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

I log on my ISP, but I can't connect to any websites
or
connect my ymessenger...
Opera error message: could not locate remote server
Mozilla: www.example.com could not be found-please
check the name and try again..

I'd be grateful to anyone who can help.