bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Anyone needs a CD?

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Anyone needs a CD?
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:19:08 +0200

On Monday 12 January 2004 08:54, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> On Sunday 11 January 2004 21:03, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > PS: Aside from publicly available CDs, I also have IBM
> > developerWorks 4 CD collection of IBM's middleware for Linux, which
> > IBM kindly sent me.
>
> I have it too! Tryed to run it once and got this funny error "you
> don't seem to hav Internet explorer, you may not be able to ..."?!
> funny crazy irritating Company is IBM! They didn't do anything to
> their products to bring them under linux, it is running under wine
> that's all.

I have the Q2 2003 version. I installed all of it's software on a sample
workstation, and it all installed fine. I tested most of the
applications, some of them I didn't know how to use, but mostly I was
able to move my way around the CDs and I actualy did some sample tests
on most of the software, thanks to wonderful guides on developerWorks.

It should be noted that all these applications are native ports, non of
them use Wine or any other emulation layer. They are mostly GTK
programs, some wxWindows, some Java, and that's all I could find.

> funny crazy irritating Company is IBM!

So, do we like IBM today? or hate them?

--
/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */

Aryan Ameri