bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Re: Linux Compatible ADSL Modem in Iran?

From: Michelle Konzack
Subject: [linuxiran] Re: Linux Compatible ADSL Modem in Iran?
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:53:21 +0100

Am 2005-02-02 09:22:51, schrieb Farid Behnia:
> Well as you all know ADSL implementation has been
> completed in major cities of Iran. As it's a new
> technology in Iran I'd like to know what you guys have
> heard about the modems available in Iran, their level
> of compatiblity and probable issues.

I suggest you to buy Netgear DM602 Modem-Router which are around
60 Euro. there are newer ones I think DG834 or something like this.

Do you use Annex A (DSL over POT) or Annex B (DSL over ISDN) ?

The Netgear DG834B is arround 64 Euro in germany but at
<http://www.ldlc.com/> in France you can get similary
prices for Annex A.

Oh yes, I am using 4 DM602A which are connected to a 3Com
NETBuilder II (maybe a little bit overkill, because it is
an OC-3 Router with 800MBit backplane) but now I have
Pseudo-load-Balancing  :-)

The DM602A are working perfectly as Modem-Routers (eth)
and as Modem (USB, not recommanded).

> Shad Bashin

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi