bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Add TODO item: Implement support for crossfading

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Add TODO item: Implement support for crossfading
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 06:08:35 +0100

[Moving to bongo-devel.]

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Anyone have some good ideas about how to do this?
>>
>> Sat Dec 30 11:57:24 CET 2006  Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>
>>
>>  * Add TODO item: Implement support for crossfading.
>
> Crossfading requires mixing. Since Bongo does not decode files, we
> need external support. Unfortunately, I think it's hopeless finding
> good crossfading support in external players.

I was thinking we could just start multiple external players
and adjust the volumes.  But I see now that changing the
volume through mplayer just changes the volume of the device.

That doesn't appear to be the case with VLC, however, but I
don't have access to a machine on which I can test this.
Could you do crossfading with VLC like this?

> That leaves audio mixing at the device level (e.g. ALSA).

How?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>