bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Emacs 21

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Emacs 21
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:53:13 +0100

Romain,

> Thanks, it loads and runs fine.  There's a minor glitch
> with spacing in the mode-line, the icons are too far apart:

Thank you.  I removed that spacing altogether for Emacs 21.
I don't remember how this looks.  I believe it would be
possible to work around the limitations in Emacs 21 to get
the same appearance as we have in Emacs 22, so please let me
know if indeed it does look horrible without the hair space.

> Other than this minor issue, the port seems solid.
> I'll change the Debian package to support emacs21 too.
> Nice work!

Great, thanks a lot!  (Come to think of it, I'm having a
hard time imagining who would be helped by this, since
anyone who uses Debian can just use emacs-snapshot...)

By the way, Richard Stallman mailed me some hours ago and
wondered whether it would be good to include Bongo in Emacs.

I said I thought it was a good idea.  If this were to
actually happen, are people willing to assign copyright?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>