bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] bongo-universal-prefix/region/marking-command (was: Marks)

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [bongo-devel] bongo-universal-prefix/region/marking-command (was: Marks)
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 19:30:10 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> I spotted another problem with the region. The executed command can
> insert or delete text, but the end position does not move with the
> change. So we have to use a marker here.

Thanks.  I installed your patch.

> There is a related problem with the prefix argument version. For
> example, `3 M-& k' would kill tracks 1, 3 and 5, certainly not the
> intended result. How should we address this?

I guess one good way would be to first put markers on all
affected tracks, and then go through those just like we go
through markings.

If executing the command on one track kills another track,
then we just don't execute the command on the killed track,
and if tracks are reordered, we can still do the right thing.

That would solve the region problem nicely, too.
Sound like a good idea?

By the way, you can't do stuff like `3 & M-x ... RET',
which is kind of lame, and `3 & C-u ...' would be cool.

Sadly, it will probably be hard to make `M-x' work, as it's
bound to a monolithic command implemented in C.  Maybe `C-u'
would be easier, but I don't really understand how it works.

Of course, this is not a big problem, but well.  You know.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>