bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] bongo-vlc, not closing between tracks, vlc -I rc --rc-fake

From: 'Mash
Subject: [bongo-devel] bongo-vlc, not closing between tracks, vlc -I rc --rc-fake-tty /path/to/track.mp3
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:32:37 +0100

Debian 4.1.2-25
emacs 22.3+1-1
vlc   0.9.8a-3
bongo.el (June 19, 2007)

Not sure if this list is still active but I'll give it a shot.

I have noticed recently while using VLC as a backend, that VLC does not close
between tracks.
This prevents bongo playing the next track in the playlist.

I assume this may be related to the track length and seek?
MPG321 is useless as the seek percentage sometimes reads massive incorrect
percentages.

If I try and quit emacs after the last played track I see the message below,
and can also see VLC still running in ps -A.
Killing VLC causes bongo to play the next track.

Proc      Status   Buffer Command
bongo-vlc run      (none) vlc -I rc --rc-fake-tty /home/mash/mashed/listen/04 -
After The Fall.mp3

There may possibly be someone out there...

Thanks

'Mash

---
Sola fida, Sola Gratia, Soli Deo gloria!