[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
version.h not created by configure & smake (OS is sgi irix 6.5) also
Atwood, Robert C
version.h not created by configure & smake (OS is sgi irix 6.5) also default 'make' doesn't work .
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:57:23 +0100
Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
Compilation CFLAGS: -DPROGRAM='bash' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='mips'
-DCONF_MACHTYPE='mips-sgi-irix6.5' -DCONF_VENDOR='sgi' -DSHELL
-I. -I./include -I./lib -g
uname output: IRIX64 tardis 6.5 10100655 IP27
Machine Type: mips-sgi-irix6.5
Bash Version: 2.05b
Patch Level: 0
Release Status: release
(1) The default 'make' does not work, but smake works , except:
(2) it fails because the file "version.h" is not available. I can
the program by manually building version.h (smake version.h)
then building (smake)
(1) if anything, just add to the NOTES section not to use the
many people probably substitute smake anyways. Sorry, I cannot
extract precise version information from the make and smake
installed on the system.
I did not personally install them (also I am trying to install
gnu make anyways)
(2) no idea as I am not yet familiar with the configure program. Is
it possibly a problem with smake (aliased to pmake -f
according to the man page)?
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- version.h not created by configure & smake (OS is sgi irix 6.5) also default 'make' doesn't work .,
Atwood, Robert C <=