[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

process substitution data corruption on FreeBSD 5.3

From: travis
Subject: process substitution data corruption on FreeBSD 5.3
Date: 5 Mar 2005 20:32:19 -0000

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
Machine: i386
OS: freebsd5.3
Compiler: cc
Compilation CFLAGS:  -DPROGRAM='bash' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='i386' 
-DCONF_OSTYPE='freebsd5.3' -DCONF_MACHTYPE='i386-portbld-freebsd5.3' 
-DCONF_VENDOR='portbld' -DLOCALEDIR='/usr/local/share/locale' -DPACKAGE='bash' 
-DSHELL  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I.  -I. -I./include -I./lib  -I/usr/local/include -O 
uname output: FreeBSD home.ecn.ab.ca 5.3-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 #0: 
Sat Feb 12 12:07:46 MST 2005     address@hidden:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/IMBEZOL  
Machine Type: i386-portbld-freebsd5.3

Bash Version: 3.0
Patch Level: 16
Release Status: release

        Process substitution doesn't work on FreeBSD 5.3 due to corruption of 
the data. I've tested on other versions of FreeBSD (4.x) and Linux and there 
are no problems. On all of the 5.3 boxes I have tried though with Bash 3.x and 
Bash 2.x it does not work properly.
        I don't know if this is a bash bug or a FreeBSD bug. I submitted a bug 
report to FreeBSD some time ago but haven't seen any activity on it.

Hostname: home - OS: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5/i386 - CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 
CPU 2.80GHz (2800.11-MHz 686-class CPU) - Processes: 424 - Uptime: 20d 19h  - 
Users: 4 - Load Average: 8.94 - Memory Usage: 756.66MB/1531.22MB (49.42%) - 
Disk Usage: 3.77GB/142.85GB (2.64%)

        while read line ; do echo $line ; done < <(cat /etc/passwd)

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]