[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH] gettext: update macros to version 0.19

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: [PATCH] gettext: update macros to version 0.19
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:44:16 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130110 Thunderbird/17.0.2

On 07/13/2014 02:19 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 07/12/2014 01:53 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>> On 07/12/2014 12:39 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
>>> On 07/11/2014 03:43 PM, Daiki Ueno wrote:
>>>> Bernhard Voelker <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>> On 07/11/2014 03:13 PM, Daiki Ueno wrote:
>>>>>> Could you provide an example of the build failures with 0.19.1?
>>>>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/Base:System/coreutils/openSUSE_Factory/i586
>>>>> [  172s] *** Error in `/usr/bin/xgettext': realloc(): invalid pointer: 
>>>>> 0x098f4ea8 ***
>>>> Thanks, it should be fixed with:
>>>> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gettext.git/commit/?h=maint&id=7b2d8d61
>>>> It's a shame that it wasn't found before the 0.19.1 release.  Will make
>>>> a new bug-fix release this weekend.
>>>> Regards,
>>> FWIW I hit this just now when rebuilding coreutils from scratch.
>>> I rebuilt my gettext rpm with the above patch and all is well again.
>> I'm having another issue with gettext-0.19.1 though.
>> With that installed, coreutils ./bootstrap is causing an older
>> config.rpath file to be added to the current directory.
>> I.E. a version with copyright 2010, compared to the
>> build-aux/config.rpath file which is 2014?
>> Reverting back to gettext-0.18.3 avoids the issue.
> I tracked this down to autoconf 2.68 being used on this older system.
> The sequence is:
>   ./bootstrap
>     if gettext --version == 0.18.3
>       apply autopoint m4 include workaround so compat with 2.68
>     else
>       rely on autopoint avoiding m4 include errors
>       This autopoint code though relies on autoconf >= 2.69
>     fi
>> Unless there is a simple fix for this,
>> I suggest we revert the gnulib patch inducing the 0.19 dependency
>> until all these issues are resolved.
> So the fix would be to have coreutils AC_PREREQ([2.69]) in configure.ac
> which would be incorporated in the coreutils gettext update patch
> at the start of this thread.  This is feasible since 2.69 was
> released two years ago, and I've confirmed this works fine.
> So with a forward looking view, I'm 55:45 in favor of doing that,
> rather than reverting the gnulib gettext 0.19 update.

Having realized that this update would break the continuous
integration server also I've decided to revert for now,
so that there is a less problematic sync point for the coreutil-8.23 release.
We can reinstate soon when the gettext 0.19 issues are sorted.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]