[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

CCDia Microspeed: Diamond coates routers offer a broad application area

From: Jörg Schnitzler
Subject: CCDia Microspeed: Diamond coates routers offer a broad application area
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:43:06 +0100



1 year Diamond coated PCB tools –

broad application areas developed




Dear Sir or Madam  ,

please find enclosed the latest news on mechanical processing of PCBs:



Diamond: coatings offer a broad application area


Weingarten: 1 year after launching diamond coated routers the GCT GmbH draws a positive balance. Mr. Kling, executive director GCT: „We could keep the promise to reach a sextuple life time consistently. Meanwhile, we can show many application results, exceeding this value“, e.g.:







FR4, standard and halogen free material

Tool life increases by a factor of 7



FR4 plus thick copper layers up to 400 µm

Tool life increases by a factor of 12


High frequency products

Rogers 4xxx, Arlon 25xx (caramic filled material)

Tool life increases by a factor of 18



FR4, pth pcb and MLB

Tool life increases by a factor of 10


Industrial electronics

FR4, standard and high Tg material

Tool life increases by a factor of 9


Industrial electronics

Rogers 4xxx, Arlon 25xx (caramic dilled material)

Tool life increases by a factor of 18


Depaneling of printed circuit boards

different materials

Feed rate increases till 100%




Licensing PCB tool coating: first round concluded


Würselen: The first round of licensing CCDia®MicroSpeed was concluded successfully. Dr. Armin Kraus from CemeCon: „Almost all major PCB tool manufacturers have declared an accordant letter of Intent and will take part in the continuative process. We are pleased with this positive response.“ A 30 % license of the future coating volume for PCB tools will be granted to the GCT GmbH in advance. The remaining 70% capacity licenses will be subject to the further licensing process.





Through CCDia®Microspeed, CemeCon has developed a diamond coating which utilises the elementary properties of this material. Diamond is the hardest material of the world, is extremely smooth and exhibits an extremely low tendency of sticking with respect to hydrocarbons. These advantages have an immediate effect on the production process: The significantly extended tool life by a factor of at least six results in cost savings of approximately 40%. (more…)



Who is CemeCon?


Since 1986 the coating expert CemeCon, Würselen, Germany is considered as one of the first-rate vendors when it comes to high-quality coatings for high-performance tools and components. At Würselen, Germany CemeCon is operating the world-wide largest coating centre and is the world market leader in the area of wear protection coatings of diamond tools. With growth rates of over 50 % per year since the beginning of the Nineties, these are gaining prominence in industrial cutting operations, in particular in connection with compound materials, graphite and AlSi alloys. In these areas, these tools are very much superior to uncoated tools. (more…)



Do you have any further questions or would you like to receive or cancel our free newsletter? Then simply send a message to the e-mail address given below or join our PCB-News site www.cemecon.com/produkte/pcb.


With kind regards


Jörg Schnitzler

Marketing/ Communication


CemeCon AG

Adenauerstr. 20 B1

52146 Würselen


Tel: 0049 2405 44 70 162

Fax: 0049 2405 44 70 199

E-Mail: address@hidden

URL: www.cemecon.com


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]