[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: RFA: libtool.m4
Re: RFA: libtool.m4
Fri, 1 May 2009 11:24:35 +0200
* Kai Tietz wrote on Fri, May 01, 2009 at 11:10:13AM CEST:
> 2009/5/1 Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden>:
> > The information that I would like to have is the following:
> > Kai has reported some kind of bug. Please tell me how you
> > noticed it. What do I need to do to reproduce it (you may
> > assume for the moment that I had a w64 system to test with)?
> The bug is pretty easy to reproduce. You need just gcc's source tree
> and to build a cross-compiler for x86_64-pc-mingw32 target. You will
> notice that libstdc++ and libobjc aren't build as shared libraries for
> this target. On close investigation you will see that this reasoned by
> the checks in libtool (described above).
Ok ok, that moment where you could assume that I had a w64 system
went by faster than intended. ;-)
I cannot notice or reproduce this myself, as I have no w64 system
at hand. Since you two are my ears and eyes, I rely on you to tell
me how exactly this happens. A full build log of the failing build
is a start, but please don't post that in whole. What I would like
to see is: the 'libtool --mode=link' commands for libstdc++ and libobjc
plus all of their output.
Also, please go into the directory where libobjc is created and post
the output of
I will have more tasks for you after I've seen those, so don't remove
that build tree just yet.
> > I think I know what and how to fix things, but I also want to
> > make sure that we don't trip over a similar bug again in the
> > future, so I need a way to (allow you to) reproduce it (on
> > your system).
> The check would be to run for mingw targets this check and if shared
> library support isn't present this would be the failure. Sadly I have
> no experience how to add such a test to libtool, so I trust in you
> knowledge here.
Don't worry, I'll handle that part. It's just that I need to get to
the point of knowing exactly what happened.
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, Ralf Wildenhues, 2009/05/01
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, Kai Tietz, 2009/05/01
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4,
Ralf Wildenhues <=
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, JonY, 2009/05/01
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, Charles Wilson, 2009/05/01
- libtool backlog (was: RFA: libtool.m4), Ralf Wildenhues, 2009/05/01
- Re: libtool backlog, Charles Wilson, 2009/05/02
- Re: libtool backlog, Ralf Wildenhues, 2009/05/03
- Re: libtool backlog, Charles Wilson, 2009/05/03
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, JonY, 2009/05/08
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, Kai Tietz, 2009/05/15
- Re: RFA: libtool.m4, Ralf Wildenhues, 2009/05/15