bug-lilypond
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Problem with startup script under SuSE 7.2


From: Anders Gorm Pedersen
Subject: Re: Problem with startup script under SuSE 7.2
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:39:31 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks for the reply! I've now changed the relevant lines in lilypond.csh.

> [what version of LilyPond is in Suse 7.2]

Hmm - apparently 1.3.150 ???? Is that an unstable version? I include the
rpm-info below.

Thanks again!
Anders

Name        : lilypond
Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.3.150
Vendor: SuSE GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 15
Build Date: Wed 16 May 2001 02:30:42 AM CEST
Install date: Tue 09 Oct 2001 02:55:03 PM CEST
Build Host: D155.suse.de
Group       : Applications/Publishing
Source RPM: lilypond-1.3.150-15.src.rpm
Size        : 5267912
License: GPL
Packager    : address@hidden
URL         : http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond
Summary     : The Music Typesetter
Description : GNU LilyPond - The Music Typesetter.

Authors:
--------
    Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
    Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
    Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden>
    Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>
    Eric Bullinger <address@hidden>
    Jan Arne Fagertun <address@hidden>
    Anthony Fok <address@hidden>
    Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
    Donald Ervin Knuth
    Werner Lemberg <address@hidden>
    David R. Linn <address@hidden>
    Fran├žois Pinard <address@hidden>
    Jeffrey B. Reed <address@hidden>
    Shay Rojanski

SuSE series: ap



> Thanks for the report.  This has been fixed in the latest development
> version, but somehow this fix hasn't made it into the stable branch
> (1.4.8) yet.
>
> This section
>
> > setenv GS_FONTPATH "$datadir/afm:/usr/share/lilypond/pfa:$GS_FONTPATH"
> > setenv GS_LIB "$datadir/ps:$GS_LIB"
> >
> > Apparently the "recursive" definition of the environment variables
> > (GS_FONTPATH is part of the definition of itself) does not work.
>
> now reads:
>
> set datadir="/home/fred/usr/share/lilypond"
>
> if ( $?GS_FONTPATH ) then
>         setenv GS_FONTPATH
>         "$datadir/afm:/usr/share/lilypond/pfa:$GS_FONTPATH"
> else
>         setenv GS_FONTPATH "$datadir/afm:/usr/share/lilypond/pfa"
> endif
> if ( $?GS_LIB ) then
>         setenv GS_LIB "$datadir/ps:$GS_LIB"
> else
>         setenv GS_LIB "$datadir/ps"
> endif
>
> > Specifically, this had the weird effect that anytime I tried to rlogin or
> > telnet to my machine, my startupscripts (.cshrc and such) were not called,
> > and I got the error message "GS_FONTPATH: undefined variable". (That was
> > rather hard to debug by the way...).
>
> Yes, I can imagine.  This will be in 1.4.9, sorry about this.
>
> Jan.
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------
 Anders Gorm Pedersen, cand.scient., Ph.D.  (address@hidden)

 Center for Biological Sequence Analysis
 Technical University of Denmark
 Bldg 208, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark

 phone: (+45) 45 25 24 84
 fax:   (+45) 45 93 15 85

 Web: http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/gorm/
---------------------------------------------------------------




reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]