[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Strange partcombine Behaviour

From: Will Oram
Subject: Strange partcombine Behaviour
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:56:20 -0500

I've been away from ly for a few months, so forgive me if this has been brought up. It doesn't appear in list archives.

Output generated using \partcombine in ly 11.26 looks VERY strange. Generally individual lines ignore each other, producing object clashes everywhere. An example:


Solo auto-marking weirdnesses aside (those have been around forever), note lines 1, 2, and 6. Glitches include slur clashes, wrong stem direction, and overlap of noteheads. Every new version I run the code through to update output; because I put lilypond work on hiatus for awhile, I only noticed the ugliness now. I have in front of me, too, output from March, v11.21. Indeed, the same glitches are visible. I definitely don't remember this problem when I was actively observing output.

I tried a one instrument partcombine and couldn't reproduce it, so the problem lies deeper. I code typical two-part instruments as

\new Staff <<
                        \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup { \hcenter-in #10 "Oboe 
I.II." }
                        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = \markup { \hcenter-in 
#4 Ob. }
                        \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"oboe"
                                \relative c'' { \mIOboeI }
                                \relative c'' { \mIOboeII }

...the dynamics part can be commented out or moved, it doesn't matter; the output doesn't change. Not sure what else to check, but I'll work on producing a sample.

I don't dare succeed
if change always comes first
                       _   |  WILL ORAM
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )  |  spamguy (at) foxchange . com
 - against HTML email  X   |  wro1 (at) cwru . edu
             & vCards / \  |
                           |  AIM spamguy21
(ABOVE: Magnetic poetry #5)

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]