[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: lilypond-book DVI to PDF problems

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilypond-book DVI to PDF problems
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 08:14:49 -0600
User-agent: Thunderbird (X11/20081125)

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Jonathan Kulp wrote:

For reference, when I run the command "latex" the program that responds is "pdfTeXk".
Yes, but as long as you run it using the command "latex" it should run in latex mode and not in pdflatex mode. If you look at the printouts from the latex command, you can see the difference.
As long as it runs in latex mode, it will among other output a line like:
and a number of <lily-xxxxx-x.eps>
whereas if you run pdflatex, the corresponding output messages will be something like
and a number of <lily-xxxxx-x.pdf>


Thanks for the explanation, Mats. It all makes perfect sense and maybe I haven't had problems yet just because I've been lucky. I changed "latex" to "pdflatex" in my script and the result looks exactly the same but if pdflatex is more appropriate then I'm happy to use it.

The problem I had was clearly related to my build of lilypond yesterday, so that's the only thing I need to figure out now. I've built LP from source many times and had no problems with processing lilypond-book files before, so I don't know what happened. If someone else happened to build LP yesterday and has the same problem then it might be a bug, otherwise I'll assume my build had a failure somewhere. It processed regular lilypond files perfectly, but the dvi files created from lilypond-book and then latex (or as you say, pdfTeXk running in regular latex mode) failed to convert to pdf.

Thanks again for the detailed explanation and renewed apologies for my grumpiness. :)


Jonathan Kulp

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]