[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: musicxml2ly stops making chords after some timing errors

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly stops making chords after some timing errors
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 16:26:44 -0400
User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.4)

Quoting pls <address@hidden>:

Hi Pavel,

musicxml2ly does not like wrong timing information.

That's understandable. What's not understandable is corrupting the rest of the output (I mean the lilypond input, not just the pdf).

The problem here is that SharpEye 2 obviously has issues with its MusicXML export. SharpEye 2 exported the wrong duration value in the backup element in the first measure. It also assigned the f (half note) to the same voice as d (whole note).

I simplified the XML greatly. The original had a bogus tuplet. It had another voice that I removed.

 musicxml2ly is right to complain.   It doesn't lose any information.

It does. I can add ten measures at the end, and musicxml2ly would "arpeggiate" all chords.

I find it rather awkward that MuseScore managed to render faulty markup the way it's supposed to look.

I don't care how the faulty markup looks. But MuseScore got the second measure right. It could recover and musicxml2ly could not.

Pavel Roskin

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]