[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: musicxml2ly stops making chords after some timing errors

From: pls
Subject: Re: musicxml2ly stops making chords after some timing errors
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 22:39:47 +0200

On 06.07.2013, at 22:26, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quoting pls <address@hidden>:
>> Hi Pavel,
>> musicxml2ly does not like wrong timing information.
> That's understandable.  What's not understandable is corrupting the rest of 
> the output (I mean the lilypond input, not just the pdf).
>> The problem here  is that SharpEye 2 obviously has issues with its MusicXML 
>> export.   SharpEye 2 exported the wrong duration value in the backup element 
>>  in the first measure.  It also assigned the f (half note) to the  same 
>> voice as d  (whole note).
> I simplified the XML greatly.  The original had a bogus tuplet.  It had 
> another voice that I removed.
>> musicxml2ly is right to complain.   It doesn't lose any information.
> It does.  I can add ten measures at the end, and musicxml2ly would 
> "arpeggiate" all chords.
>> I find it rather awkward that  MuseScore managed to render faulty markup the 
>> way it's supposed to  look.
> I don't care how the faulty markup looks.  But MuseScore got the second 
> measure right.  It could recover and musicxml2ly could not.
that's because of the faulty MusicXML markup you provided. the first measure 
contained the duration of five quarter notes instead of four. that's why all 
the following measures were affected.
> -- 
> Regards,
> Pavel Roskin

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]