[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: LM Orchestral template

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: LM Orchestral template
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 21:53:06 +0100
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.2.0

On 22/09/15 20:51, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> On 22.09.2015 21:42, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>> Simon Albrecht wrote Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:35 PM
>>> I just came across the Orchestral template in LM A.6.I, and noticed two
>>> flaws, one minor and one serious:
>>> – Double basses usually aren’t notated in a \clef "bass_8", but as
>>> transposing instruments (originating from the time when they were
>>> sharing a staff with the violoncelli). All the scores I have here, from
>>> Beethoven through Mendelssohn, Bruckner and Mahler to Hindemith, confirm
>>> this. I attach a version of the template where this is changed.
>> Thanks
>>> – The image rendition in the docs is extremely compressed, with
>>> overlapping stuff, staves touching one another &c. This is a really bad
>>> example and needs to be changed; how is this done? I don’t know the
>>> framework in lilypond-book-preamble.ly; certainly there will be someone
>>> who can quickly say how to allow the score more space.
>> I think for this example all that is needed is to reduce the global staff
>> size, which is set (unusually) in this file to 17.
> I’m afraid it won’t be as easy. I also thought that way, but I tried it
> (loading the complete source file for the image with \include
> "lilypond-book-preamble.ly" etc.) and it doesn’t make a difference:
> everything gets smaller, but is compressed and cut the same.

Yes I verified this too.

Well I tried to fiddle about the 'Flexible Vertical Spacing' (NR 4.4.1)


I think a combination of these will help, the problem I have is that I
cannot work out which. :(

I've never got my head around these settings.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]