bug-lilypond
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Fonts on Arch Linux


From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fonts on Arch Linux
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 17:32:00 +0000
User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/10.10.16.200509

I checked on Wikipedia.

The Libertine website has been archived in the Wayback Machine.

You can also get a forked continuation of the now non-developed Linux Libertine 
fonts as  Libertinus, which has Serif, Sans, and Mono variants.

https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb37-1/tb115hosny.pdf

https://github.com/alif-type/libertinus

You may wish to investigate thin font with ongoing development.

Carl


´╗┐On 6/28/20, 6:09 AM, "Andrew Bernard" <andrew.bernard@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Aaron. I didn't give an MWE as it was a preliminary probe to
see if this is a known issue.

Here's the code in question:

  #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
      #:roman "Linux Libertine O"
      #:sans "Linux Biolinum O"
      #:typewriter "Linux Libertine Mono O"
      #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
      ))

However, I have only recently moved to Arch, so I am setting up all
anew. After a) going nuts and b) exploring everything there is to be
known about fontconfig, I tried deleting all files in ~/.cache, which
includes a lot of fontconfig cache data. Now the issue has gone away.
I suspect, but I can't be sure that this is a subtle issue - the Linux
Libertine and Biolinum original font site seems to have been defunct
for a long time, and while setting up my new system I had to source
the fonts from a whole lot of dubious free font download sites, and
the all seem to be different all in different ways. I think I just had
a bad set of font data cached. Possibly. but clearing the cache solved
this.

I do not know what happened to the original source of these fonts.
They are veyr fine,. and Biolinum is a very good stand in for Optima.

Andrew




reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]