[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:44:50 -0500
my name ist Jan Kechel,
i was redirected to this email-adress by address@hidden and
I want to translate the make Manual to German:
Jorgen 'forcer' Schaefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 2. I'd really like to translate the make manual. Is there
> > already someone working on that?
> I'm not aware of anyone doing so, you should either await the
> answer of gnu-translation, or ask address@hidden ...
Martin v. Loewis <address@hidden> wrote:
>Finally, maintainers of GNU make have to agree (preferably in advance)
>to integrate your translation when it is done, so contacting bug-make
>is a good recommendation.
So now I ask you about this:
Shall I continue to translate the Manual?
- Of course i won't publish anything without your explicit permission.
- I'm going to translate the texinfo source.
- I would like to publish finished translations under the terms of the "GNU
Free Documentation License", but that's actually your decision not mine.
- On my System i got make version 3.79.1 and the actual manual also
describes version 3.79, so i think it's up to date and well maintained.
- If you want I keep you up to date with my work, at the moment i did not
start any translations yet.
Please give me some advise on 'how to continue'.
Thanks in advance,
Jan Kechel / student University Potsdam - Germany
- Manual Translation,