[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Where can I re-submit a legacy ticket, please?

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: Where can I re-submit a legacy ticket, please?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:45:02 +0200

rod wrote:

> A few years ago, I submitted a PARTED ticket/query at:
> http://parted.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/206#preview .
> (Protection against losing bad disk block locations.)
> Periodically, I revisit the ticket to check for any response, but that site
> seems dead apart from an occasional spam marketing ticket.  I notice
> there's another site now (http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/index.shtml),
> but apparently no link from the old site to the new.
> Could you advise, please, where I could re-submit my question from the
> first link above?  Thanks.

Thanks.  By writing to this list, you've just done so.

However, note that the question is becoming moot, since parted's
ability to move and resize file systems is being phased out,
along with most functionality that requires knowledge of file
system internals.

I don't know the answer off hand (without studying the code), but a
quick grep for /bad.?block/i in the code suggests that there is no
FAT-specific support for bad blocks.  The only file system types with
bad block support in parted appear to be hfs and rdb (amiga).  There's a
hint that linux_swap.c does, too.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]