[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: pdfeTeX error when compiling lilypond.texi with accents in node name

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: pdfeTeX error when compiling lilypond.texi with accents in node names
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 01:18:12 +0200

Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
> This is so strange that I looked again at you first letter and noticed
> something.  The log you provided contains:
> ./lilypond.aux:1: Missing @endcsname inserted.
> <to be read again>
>                    @accent
> @'#1->address@hidden
>                19 #1}
> <argument> Pr@'e
>                 face-title
> @xrdef #1#2->@expandafter @gdef @csname XR#1
>                                             @endcsname
>                                             address@hidden
> @iff...
> l.1 @xrdef{Pr@'eface-title}{Préface}
> Looking at the definition of @xrdef in the log, I see that it is
> different from what texinfo.texi now has.  Instead of using #1
> directly, it defines and uses @safexrefname which is a "sanitized"
> copy of the original text.  Are you absolutely sure you are using the
> CVS snapshot of texinfo.texi?  Try putting CVS version of texinfo.texi
> in the same directory where you build lilypond.texi, and see what
> happens.

You mean `texinfo.tex' instead of `texinfo.texi', don't you?

You are right!  Compiling French lilypond.texi with texinfo.tex from
recent CVS now works on my computer.  I have just noticed LilyPond uses
its own texinfo.tex located in the source tree; it was last merged with
upstream one year ago, so the crash compiling French lilypond.texi is
not surprising.  I didn't noticed this stupid problem because I've not
been involved in LilyPond for a long time.  After an inspection of
texinfo.tex diff between LilyPond source and Texinfo CVS, I conclude
there is no need to keep a different texinfo.tex any more, so it will
make things a little easier.

pdfetex still crashes if the source isn't converted from utf-8 to
texinfo @-commands (the crash happened with German manual), but this
problem can be worked around with a preprocessing conversion in the

There remains only two minor problems: the accents in the bookmarks
panel and support of German and French quotes.

I'm sorry for the noise, and I'm very grateful to your help.  I hope I'm
able to contribute anything to improve i18n support in TeXinfo; this
summer, I'll try to look at the TODO and see what I can do.

Many thanks

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]