[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Index wrongly encoded with UTF-8

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: Index wrongly encoded with UTF-8
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 08:39:13 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.7.0


You mean that with TeXLive the bug does not exist.

What is supposed to do tex when \write-ing and there are active-chars ? I presume that the active-chars are developped like any command would be. I am surprised that MikTeX (MT) and TeXLive (TL) do not do the same output.

So my 1st naive question = are you sure that you used the latest texinfo.tex (that on the texinfo repo, not that which TL has) ? Please check your compile log file.


Le 30/07/2017 à 16:16, Gavin Smith a écrit :
Thank you for the report.

I copied your file texi-index-bug.texi and ran pdfetex on it. I got a correct
UTF-8 encoded output, which I've attached.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 08:13:03PM +0200, Vincent Belaïche wrote:

Attached is a minimal example.

I don't know who is to blame, is that Texinfo, or MikTeX, as I updated
the latter lately.

Look at the .cp file, I get a spurious space in between the bytes of any
UTF-8 charcters that do not fit in a single byte (there are plenty of
those in French, like é or ù).

I suspect that Texinfo lets the active characters active when \write-ing
the non sorted index file, and the MikTeX inserts a whitespace like
after any command.
I doubt it, but don't know for certain.

I know there can be differences between TeX engines in how byte values
128-255 are handled.

I will look at the patches you sent and see if they make a difference to

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel 
antivirus Avast.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]