[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Feature request: multilevel indexing for TeX

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: Feature request: multilevel indexing for TeX
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 22:52:43 -0700

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 8:44 AM Raymond Toy <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for looking into this.  I think I'm getting confused on which version of makeinfo and texindex.tex is getting used. (I have 3 version on my system).

Redid this on a different system which had just one installed texinfo.  I installed the dev version into its own prefix, and everything works fine.  The multi-level index looks great and of course works fine with html (in a different fashion, of course).

Not sure what's going on with my other system, but I'm quite happy with the results on this system.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

I think the issue I reported here is that I was using pdftex to create the doc.  Using makeinfo --pdf doesn't have that problem. But it complains about something else. I want to make sure it's from the dev texinfo stuff and not some older 6.6 (or earlier) version.

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 2:54 AM Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/18/19, Raymond Toy <address@hidden> wrote:
> With my old hack.  With the new texinfo, I changed the macro to say
> @cindex \topic\ @subentry \subtopic\
> makeinfo --pdf foo.texi
> has errors like:
> Unde
> fined control sequence.
> \temp ->\xeatspaces {unix} \subentry
>                                      \xeatspaces { pathnames}
> \dosubindwrite ...mpty \xdef \indexsortkey {\temp
>                                                   }\ifx \indexsortkey
> \empty...
> \safewhatsit ... \else \vskip -\whatsitskip \fi #1
>                                                   \ifx \lastskipmacro
> \zeros...
> \dosubind ...dcsname }\safewhatsit \dosubindwrite
>                                                   }\fi
> l.2 ...s {unix} @subentry @xeatspaces { pathnames}
> \scanmacro ...\\=\active \scantokens address@hidden
>                                                   \aftermacro \catcode
> address@hidden
> l.1657 @cpsubindex{unix, pathnames}

I couldn't reproduce the problem. I found that @subentry worked OK
with macros, although it is not surprising that there should be a
problem here.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]