cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond infinity...

From: Maxence Guesdon
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] Findlib and beyond infinity...
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:24:24 +0200

Hi,

> I am at a advanced stage of findlib migration. Actually, all main
> modules compile. I have only problem with two things :
> - dbftrans which depends on some cmo which are elsewhere
> - cam_dyn cam_crc

I'll look at this, maybe today. There is a new and more convenient
interface for dynlink, I should look at it.

> The two last seems bigger problem than a findlib migration. To my mind
> they need to be think back. They makes a great use of CRC signature et
> al... It seems very strange to me. I believe using a dynlink function
> without using this CRC is better... To my mind.
>
> So, i send you this little mail, in order to ask you if you can test
> cameleon build on YOUR system :
> in a new directory
> cvs -z3 -d address@hidden co -r findlib cameleon
> cd cameleon
> ./configure
> make.

Here what I get (an error):

guesdon-santenay:/work/temp/cameleon/ make
cd options && make all
make[1]: Entre dans le répertoire `/home/maxence/temp/cameleon/options'
/gnu/ocaml/bin/ocamlfind ocamlc -g   -a -o options.cma \
 -package ""    \
 options.cmo
touch options-lib-byte-stamp
/gnu/ocaml/bin/ocamlfind remove -destdir /home/maxence/temp/cameleon/build
options
Removed /home/maxence/temp/cameleon/build/options
/gnu/ocaml/bin/ocamlfind install -destdir /home/maxence/temp/cameleon/build
options \
 META options.cma options.cmi options.a
Uncaught exception: Sys_error("options.a: No such file or directory")
make[1]: *** [options-lib-install-build-stamp] Erreur 3
rm options-lib-byte-stamp
make[1]: Quitte le répertoire `/home/maxence/temp/cameleon/options'
make: *** [iter] Erreur 2

- m