cardinal-dev

[Cardinal-dev] test, &c.

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: [Cardinal-dev] test, &c.
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:09:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Phil Tomson wrote:

> Just a test to see if the mailing list and archive are working yet...

Your test came through just fine.

> [Pat: I think we're the only ones on the list so far]

It will grow soon enough.

On a more parrot-like note, have you looked at miniperl at all?  They seem
to have a well tested base to work from.  It might prove a fertile field
for reading, stealing ideas, etc.

It may also be worthwhile for use to start now on the whole lexing,
parsing, AST bit.  Although parrot won't be ready for call_method for a
while yet, we could still get to the point where we have a solid front end
by the time parrot's ready for us.

A last bit to think about (inspired by miniperl and sRuby), what do you
think we need for a minimal subset of ruby?

-pate

ps. I can meet you on irc at irc.openprojects.net #ruby-lang (or
#cardinal) if you'd like to talk rather than trade email.