cardinal-dev

[Cardinal-dev] Continuation questions.

From: Erik Bågfors
Subject: [Cardinal-dev] Continuation questions.
Date: 02 May 2002 12:40:29 +0200

Hi all!

I was reading the perl6-internals mailinglist and I saw one thing that
confused me alot. I think the reason it did is my lack of understanding
of continuation!

I'm not on the perl6-internals list and I know Dan Sugalski is on this
list.  Here is a part from his mail regarding subroutines.

---------
3) We're having a new rule--you may *not* take a continuation from
within an opcode function! This is probably one of those "Well, Duh!"
things but better to have it up front.
---------

Either 1) I'm not understanding the concept of continuations at all or
2) This will totally break ruby on parrot.

My questions are, will this mean any problems for ruby and if not then I
think I need a good explanation of continuations.

/Erik - confused :)

--
Erik Bågfors               | address@hidden
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273