ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Help with RTCP reports rate

From: José Luis Sánchez
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Help with RTCP reports rate
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 16:14:29 +0100

Hi all,

I am working in a QoS extension for VoIP and I am using ccrtp. What I'm trying to do is increase RTCP packets rate during a conversation when some event occurs. I've thought some possibilities for doing that but neither of them seemed to work.

The first one consists in using "setSessionBandwidth(0.25)" function to have a 25% of RTCP rate compared to RTP rate. But I don't see any difference maybe because it only works before stablishing conversation and not during it, am I correct?

The other one is use "dispatchControlPacket" function to control when I want to send the packets, this works for me but it seems the information in packets like fraction lost become wrong because I don't send the packets at the right time.

If anyone has a solution for this I would be very grateful