chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: post-commit

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: post-commit
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:29:03 +0200

On 3/31/07, Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm attaching a change I made to egg-post-commit (which, it should be
said, I have not tested).  Basically, instead of including all the
verbose HTML for each egg in the Eggs Unlimited page in the wiki, it
just includes "<chickenegg .../>" tags.  These tags are expanded to
the actual HTML code by the wiki itself (by an extension I made for
Svnwiki).

The reason to do this is that it makes the information in the wiki
more rich semantically.  A practical consequence is that, since the
Svnwiki extension has more information about the wiki than
egg-post-commit, it can do more things.  For example, it can replace
the link to "http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/"; with
a link to the wiki if a page for the egg exists in the wiki
(regardless of "doc-from-wiki" from the meta file).

You can test what "<chickenegg .../>" does by going to the edit form
for any wiki file, entering code such as

    <chickenegg name="stream-ext" description="some extension foobar yes" license="gpl"
author="Alejandro Forero Cuervo"/>

and hitting Preview.

A good idea! I'll check the patch and add it to egg-post-commit once I
come around a number of bugs and features that have to be added to
the base system.

cheers,
felix (who fell completely for your devious April fools joke and was just
about sending a red-hot reply... ;-)