chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg filename versioning

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg filename versioning
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:19:16 -0500

On Feb 7, 2008 1:18 PM, Leonardo Valeri Manera <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07 Feb 2008 15:49:56 -0200, Mario Domenech Goulart
> Hi Leonardo,
>
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:42:33 +0100 "Leonardo Valeri Manera" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > To make it all actually work though, we need to be able to
> > differentiate the different egg versions by filename ... that's not to
> > say it has to be the actual *VERSION* - if that's too complex to do,
> > the release date will do just fine:

How about something like this?
http://cleo.uwindsor.ca/cgi-bin/gentoo-eggs/

It is just a proof of concept, please don't point the gentoo universe at this link. :-)

It fetches the "tree" of metadata from the Chicken site, generates a list of links, and proxies the download of eggs so that the filenames contain the necessary timestamp.

Will this work?

Graham