chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] parallel build failure

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] parallel build failure
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:19:01 -0700

On Apr 13, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Jim Ursetto wrote:

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:00 AM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Marijn Schouten (hkBst)
I got a report today that chicken-4.0.0 fails and that it is probably a parallel
build failure[1].

Don't use parallel builds.

Well, that's one option :) Parallel builds at -j2 have always worked
for me but there has been an intermittent failure issue for several
months; it always happens with setup-download, so I believe the
problem lies with a missing dependency there.  I will try to take a
look at this, Marijn.  I haven't yet because at -j2 I can simply
restart the build and it always works.

Yes, there is a missing dependency. I noticed it when working on setup- api but never bothered to look into it. Just typed '!!<ret>'.

Jim