chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] address@hidden: Re: 4.8.0 release?]

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] address@hidden: Re: 4.8.0 release?]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:59:20 -0400

Mario Domenech Goulart scripsit:

> I wonder how it passed on your system, assuming you didn't copy
> cygchicken-0.dll to reverser/tags/1.0.  Maybe csi is loading
> cygchicken-0.dll from other directory in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or whatever
> cygwin uses?

Windows versions later than XP SP0 load DLLs that are linked to the
executable from the following places:

1) The directory containing the executable.

2) C:\windows\system32 (which may have a localized name)

3) C:\windows\system (ditto)

4) C:\windows (ditto)

5) The current directory.

6) The directories in $PATH.

This does not apply to DLLs loaded explicitly by the application through
Cygwin's dlopen(), which emulates the Linux version, with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and all.  That's not the case here.

So what's happening, since there is no copy in tests/reverser/tags/1.0,
is that it's using /usr/local/bin/cygchicken-0.dll, the 4.7.5 version
I have installed, which just happens to work.

--
Not to perambulate                 John Cowan <address@hidden>
    the corridors                  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan