chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] will we have a release this year?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] will we have a release this year?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 07:53:47 +0900

Hi Andy,

   The environments egg will not work under Chicken 4.7.4 and later, due to changes in the internal representation (also noted in the documentation). The rewrite branch is meant to fix this issue.

   Ivan

On Sep 23, 2012 10:09 PM, "Andy Bennett" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

>  I have been testing 4.8.0rc4 quite a bit this week, and everything
> seems to work fine, so if there are no objections, I will make the
> release next Monday.

Did people see my bug report on chicken-users regarding the environments
egg and eval? I posted in the "Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4.8.0 release
candidate 4 now available" thread on 2012/09/18.

----------
Another was segfaulting and continued to segfault on 'load'. I narrowed
it down to this repro case in the interpreter:

-----
#;1> (use environments)
#;2> (define widget-eval-env (make-parameter (environment-copy
(scheme-report-environment 5) #t)))
-----

Using Mortiz's rewrite branch of the environments egg:
https://anonymous:@code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/release/4/environments/branches/rewrite/
... stops the segfault.

I can get a binary out but it throws an exception somewhere it didn't
used to:

-----
unbound variable
##sys#list
-----

...and my debugging efforts so far point to a problem with eval and an
environment from the environments egg.

Regards,
@ndy

--