chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] r7rs modules
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:11:59 +0100

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 01:30:26PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Peter Bex scripsit:
> > We could easily extend this to scheme#base#+  to indicate the +
> > identifier from the (scheme base) module.  This would fit neatly with
> > my proposal of mapping egg modules to be simply wrapped in a list:
> > (uri-generic) being the r7rs-module representation of the "uri-generic"
> > module.  The algorithm would be: chop the symbol at the #, pick
> > the last part as the identifier name and the rest in a list is the
> > module name.
>
> The only downside with that is when you're dealing with the shell, where
> # is a reserved character.  So you end up with files named scheme#base.scm,
> which have to be properly escaped in constructing shell command lines --
> a delicate area.

If you're having trouble with that, "you're doing it completely wrong"(TM).
In that case, there are more serious issues to consider, like command
injection vulnerabilities.  Only when the user is dealing with these files
directly could this even remotely be a consideration.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx