chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Benchmark for "values" - interesting results

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Benchmark for "values" - interesting results
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:41:10 -0700

This is why we have software versioning.

If the optimizations will break behaviour for legacy applications in a way that cannot be patched easily then perhaps it's reasonable to save the change for a major release. IE, Chicken 4.9 or somesuch.

As a user, I would be rather disappointed if the Chicken devs avoided an optimization on the basis of supporting legacy applications. Those who require the old behaviour can still use legacy versions of Chicken.

-Dan