chicken-hackers

[Chicken-hackers] Compilation flags for import libraries

From: Oleg Kolosov
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Compilation flags for import libraries
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 15:08:02 +0400

Hello Chicken Hackers!

I'm still working on porting Chicken build system to CMake and have the
peculiar question:

When building module.scm with -emit-import-library option,
module.import.scm is produced which can be put through compilation
process again (scm -> c -> o -> so). As far as I understand import
libraries are only used by chicken compiler itself when producing c from
scm. Analyzing .setup files for various eggs I have found many
disparities in options and flags passed to compilers. So, the question
is: does chicken compilation options (optimize-level, debug-level,
local, inline, etc.) and further C compiler and linker flags (-O2, -g,
omit-stack-pointer, etc.) on generated import library file
(module.import.scm and module.import.c) have any effect on the final
executable using the module or code generation process?

--
Regards, Oleg