chicken-hackers

[Chicken-hackers] chicken-install -update-db with DESTDIR?

From: Timo Myyrä
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] chicken-install -update-db with DESTDIR?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 23:09:12 +0300

Hi,

I'm updating the OpenBSD port of Chicken to 4.9.0.1.
During the fake install step in porting the chicken spits out following warning:

"Warning: cannot run `chicken-install update-db' when cross-compiling or DESTDIR is set"

So that step is skipped as ports infrastructure uses the DESTDIR argument.
I've digged a bit further and update-db seems to generate modules.db file in /usr/local/lib/chicken/7 directory.

How is this file used?
My main problem is to determine if the warning can be skipped and users be instructed to run 'chicken-install -update-db' manually themselves.
Or the port could easily be patched to simply disregard the check and run the chicken-install -update-db even with DESTDIR.

Could someone shed a bit of light in this matter?

Timo