chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Gauche, R7RS, and dots

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Gauche, R7RS, and dots
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:05:49 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Did this person mention why they abandoned it?

As I understand it, he was using the approach of modifying the portable
syntax expander "psyntax" to understand R7RS libraries.  My guess
would be that he found it too difficult.  For his personal use he
has now switched to Chibi.

Such an outboard expander specifically for R7RS might be a Good Thing,
whether based on psyntax or not.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
There is no real going back.  Though I may come to the Shire, it will