chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Ambiguity in csc's command line options (#1193)

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Ambiguity in csc's command line options (#1193)
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 18:53:05 -0400

Mario Domenech Goulart scripsit:

> 2. support GNU-style command line options, that is, --<long> and -<l>.
>    Then we'd have --lfa2 to ask chicken to perform an additional
>    lightweight flow-analysis pass and -lfa2 to link against libfa2.

I consider X-style -foo options to be obsolete, and much prefer the
GNU-style --foo options.  I'm always annoyed when I type --foo to
Chicken and it gets mishandled.  As a first step to switching, I'd
recommend allowing --foo=bar options everywhere, and eventually
deprecating and removing the -foo options.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Normally I can handle panic attacks on my own; but panic is, at the moment,