chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install

From: kooda
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] C lost -D on chicken-install
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 09:22:47 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> There is no bad intent behind this - during the rewrite simply a few options
> were dropped, since they didn't look crucial. If you want it back, no problem.

I’ve been missing it a little bit, but I agree with some of what has been said
and would like to add my 2 cents.

Should the features declared via chicken-install be passed to all dependencies
being built? I think so.
Vasilij’s example is quite nice to support this opinion, building hypergiant
will bring a lot of other eggs, and every one of them accept a “gles” feature to
build for OpenGL ES instead of OpenGL.

I ported (not published yet) some of these eggs and I’ve been missing a way to
do different things depending on whether the gles feature is defined or not.
I think we should add a cond-expand like mecanism in the egg file format as
well, if we add `chicken-install -D` back.