chicken-hackers

[Chicken-hackers] ☎PATCH☎ C-object components

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] ☎PATCH☎ C-object components
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:34:14 +0100

The attached patch adds the "c-objects" component type to the .egg
format to allow integrating compiled C/C++ objects to be linked into
eggs without resortring to the hassle of using custom-build. For
static objects that are combined with c-objects, the static linking
mechanism has been extended to handle .a files (as proposed by
Thomas Chust and others, IIRC), even though this introduces some
more platform-specific stuff. I have only tested this on OpenBSD and
MacOS, so if someone could test this on Windows, I'd much
appreciate that.

felix